The successful things on my contents page are the running theme of the bacground design as this gives a sense of familiarity to the magazine. It also makes the magazine look more proffessional as it doesn't jump into a completely different design/colour, therefore not jarring the reader. Another successful part of the contents page is the big images, which clearly gives more importance to mainly the band "The Nameless" and then the artist Talula Moon's articles.
The outcome the research I had done has affected my first draft because the publishing house company I chose to research (IPC) publishes magazines such as NME and UNCUT.I decided to design my magazine more like NME as the most popular genre of music that appears in that magazine and in my questionnaire taken by students my age was Indie music. So I chose to put make my magazine mostly about indie music with indie bands shown in the contents page.
The things I need to improve on is to give more structure to the page as people who gave me feedback said they didn't know what to look at first. Although I wanted to have a warped look to the page I understand that it needs at least some basic structure to the page.
Secondly, I need to put a bit of information underneath/around each of the smaller articles in the list on the right hand side to give more insight as to what is happening with the artist/band and build more of an interest in the reader.
The successful things on my contents page are the running theme of the bacground design as this gives a sense of familiarity to the magazine. It also makes the magazine look more proffessional as it doesn't jump into a completely different design/colour, therefore not jarring the reader.
ReplyDeleteAnother successful part of the contents page is the big images, which clearly gives more importance to mainly the band "The Nameless" and then the artist Talula Moon's articles.
The outcome the research I had done has affected my first draft because the publishing house company I chose to research (IPC) publishes magazines such as NME and UNCUT.I decided to design my magazine more like NME as the most popular genre of music that appears in that magazine and in my questionnaire taken by students my age was Indie music. So I chose to put make my magazine mostly about indie music with indie bands shown in the contents page.
The things I need to improve on is to give more structure to the page as people who gave me feedback said they didn't know what to look at first. Although I wanted to have a warped look to the page I understand that it needs at least some basic structure to the page.
Secondly, I need to put a bit of information underneath/around each of the smaller articles in the list on the right hand side to give more insight as to what is happening with the artist/band and build more of an interest in the reader.